Welcome to the Stay Sane Mom
We have to get to know each other first, right?
Want to cut to the chase?
Free Daily Battle Plan
Get My Free Printable PDF NowGet it Now
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- I am happily married to a man who would probably have been my identical twin if we had not been born and raised in as different circumstances as are possible.
- I am mom to an adorable preteen (step)daughter and a new baby girl who might be the happiest being on the planet.
- Predating my human parenting duties, I am also the mom of three furkids: a rescue, husky mutt who is most likely a mad scientist trapped in canine form (our guess is that this was due to some mishap in which he offended a powerful magical being), a bumbling Great Dane whose hobbies include commandeering our furniture, solving droughts with the sheer quantity of his drool, and running away from the life-size, cardboard cutout of Sheldon Cooper that lives in our daughter’s closet, and a rabbit of unusual size, a circumstance most often thought to be due to an exposure to Gamma radiation.
- If you couldn’t tell this from bullet #3, I’m a huge fan of outrageously-long, yet still grammatically-correct sentences.
- Our family currently lives in Orange County, CA, but my husband was born and raised in New York City (where we met). You will most likely be on the receiving end of snarky comments about people from both locales.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in psychology. This means that I love analyzing how people act (and theorizing as to why), combing through craptons of research, and often reference random case studies in everyday conversation.
- I have a master’s degree in criminology. This means that sometimes I get, what’s the word for it…a little bit creepy. I will say this now (for legal reasons) homicidal threats and mutterings are a part of my everyday vernacular. If I start sounding stabby just remember: if Big Brother took my murderous musings seriously I would have been preemptively incarcerated long ago.
- I worked my way through grad school as a personal trainer. This means that if I offer advice, theories, or snarky criticism about things in the fitness realm, I am actually qualified to do so. All my certifications are current and I still train clients when my schedule permits.
- With this background experience, I now work as a web developer (logically). This means I get extremely exited about nerdy things. Just smile and nod.
- I'm also a PhD candidate in business psychology. Yes, you may call me a degree hoarder, but you're also going to reap (well, read) the benefits of my psychological research geekery, so shush, okay?
So that’s me, in a nutshell. (Better than in the nuthouse.) I’m sure we’ll quickly become good internet friends.
Leave a comment about what you'd like to see in this blog! Can't wait to "meet" all of you!
Care to Share?
Get Sanity, Delivered to Your Inbox.
About the Author
Founder | Contributor
Liz (or Dr. Mommy, as her toddler started calling her after learning what a PhD was) is the happily sleep-deprived mom of a baby boy (and professional raccoon noise impersonator), a sparkle-clad toddlernado, a teenage stepdaughter, the canine embodiments of Pinky and The Brain, and a rabbit of unusual size. During nights and naptimes, she uses her PhD in business psychology as an author, speaker, and consultant. She also serves as an executive and principal for three companies, two of which she co-founded with her very patient (and equally exhausted) husband.
My Motto: All I can control is how hard I work.
Motto: All I can control is how hard I work.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases and occasionally participate in other linking programs, but I will never link to anything I don't like.
Copyright © 2021 The Stay Sane Mom